Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Post!

Hello BloggerLand!

I have to admit, I have had a blog in the past - mostly in an attempt to stay connected with others' blogs. And, truthfully, that didn't work out so well. I'm hoping for more consistency now, but I'm not making any promises. Honestly, I am a bit apprehensive because...well, what do I have to say that will be of any interest to anyone? Haha! Really, I'm not doing anything particularly interesting at the moment - you know, how some people get blogs because they're going on a trip or they're doing an internship with an interesting group or whatever else.

But, really, I'm pretty much an average 22 year-old (minus the excessive drinking). Even so, here I am with this blog! I actually created it because I am following Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team for the year. (Check it out!) I was about to post my first passage of Scripture that I hope to memorize and realized it would be more fun to see others' blogs and share my own thoughts as we go through this year of memorizing Bible verses. (Okay, so maybe I'm not your average 22 year-old at all! I'm okay with that. :))

So, along with some thoughts about faith, I may also use this blog to post my photography - one of my hobbies that I really enjoy! I'm a bit nervous about sharing my "art" with others sometimes, but I'll give Blogger a shot. Plus, I'm not really expecting many people that I know to hear about this blog. :)

I think the perfect way to sum up this first post is by sharing the passage I will be working on memorizing for the next two weeks. I hope it encourages you!


Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
-Hebrews 13:15-16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment